Friday, June 10, 2011

"A Woman Must Have a Room of Her Own" V. Wolf

It’s a work in progress but here is my wee place (before and after...)


I’ve got the sitting area around the front windows with one set of nooks for my books and the other as more of a display area that I’m still tinkering with.

And on the other side of the room is my bed with the desk in between!

And of course there’s the kitchen. Very Important.

My parents got me this amazing bakers rack to tackle the whole no countertops issue and there’s even enough space between it and the doorway I may get another small table to fit in there for more counter and storage space. And the kitchen is the perfect place to hang the lovely print my Aunties M and D made me for my Birthday! What hums in you??

As I said, the closets are my two areas not quite sorted yet. This one is my Dressing Room/Linen Closet and is already looking better than in these photos but still isn’t done yet. The other closet I’ve just been throwing things into so you’re not going to see that!!

And the bathroom! Which is so cute and wee! Miss Cait gave me a little jade plant to put in it.

My windows look out onto a vacant lot and there’s a Bunny comes out sometimes, a dog who lives in the apartment across the lot and last Friday a lady and mister mallard duck took a rest by the big puddle! It’s like wild kingdom.

Oh lord and then last night some Dudes who live in that apartment were playing corn-hole on the sidewalk. CORN-HOLE. I may have moved out of Ohio but apparently you can never escape corn-hole. Damnit.

The building itself, the “Damen Arms” its just too quirky for words. It’s terribly old, Dr Karl thinks maybe 1930s and a lot of the original fixtures are still here. Like the elevator. The foyer smells like cigarette smoke and sometimes weed but it’s still charming with its faux fireplace and little architectural details. I’m doing my laundry today and you have to beat the shit out of the coin slots for the washers and dryers to start working, so that’s fun, but they do work!! I chipped a nail...

So that’s it for now, more photos will come as things change but for now I’m delightfully content!

2 comments:

Kate said...

It's adorable! I'm sorry not to have seen it in person, but I love the virtual/photo tour, and it was delightful to see you on Saturday!

A.Sandin said...

I'm go glad we got to meet up! I can't wait to see what your place will be like in DC!!