Sunday, December 4, 2011

"It won't be long before we'll all be there with...SNOW"


Friday morning it's entirely possible that I wrenched open my curtains, beheld the glorious snow, and proceeded to jump up and down yelling "Snoooowww!". Entirely possible. It's also possible that the 'Snow' song from White Christmas has been going through my head on repeat for the last two days. Whatever. 


I made "fancy" cornbread for breakfast to celebrate. I put fruit on top. Fancy!!! I now have a stock of frozen fruits in my freezer, Miss Linda passed on the tip to put them in my morning oatmeal to cool it down and it's brilliant. The blueberries are my favorites, with a bit of maple syrup it's a lovely winter weekday breakfast.


It's been a crazy few weeks at work. After all, once a year Souldier HQ turns into Santa's Rock n'Roll Workshop. Yay? I've been taking lots of hot baths, and lying in bed, and making easy foods.


I have managed to get my wee tinsel tree up and adorned it with ornaments. My straw wreath is hung on the back of my apartment door and there are three little Dala horses hiding around my room.





And the Tree in a Can is being burnt on a daily basis.


But it really wasn't until the snow came that I was feeling that special Holiday feeling. I do love this time of year, all the lights, the songs, it's a sensation overload! On Roku you can get a channel that's a burning Yule log AND classic Christmas songs AT THE SAME TIME.


I've also begun the watching of the Ridiculous Holiday Movies. It's a sickness really. Miss Linda and I are obsessed. "Borrowed Hearts is on Netflix!!!" "Oh man have you seen the one with the soldier and the Christmas card yet?! That's so the best!!" Next up in my Queue is The Christmas Bunny. THE CHRISTMAS BUNNY. And of course there are the legitimately good holiday movies: While You Were Sleeping, Home for the Holidays, The Ref, Shop Around the Corner, Family Stone, White Christmas etc etc. I may try to see Meet Me in St. Louis this year, I've never seen the whole thing! Judy Garland singing 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas' makes me cry without fail. And when they use it in Family Stone I flat out weep!

What are your favorite Holiday movies??

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so glad there are others out there that are really excited about snow...everyone's grumpy responses to it make me outraged! I would have to say my favorite holiday movie is prolly the original version of how the grinch stole christmas.