Saturday, March 31, 2012

*insert Fin Raziel/crow cawing "Kael! Kael!" as that's been in my head all day because I'm eating kale.*


It's been a week now, and while I am feeling a little better I still have a cold/sore throat and am generally pathetic. I cracked open Lizbeth's canned peaches as a treat this week, and they really put the average canned peach to shame. Glad I saved them! As canning is still my white whale I can't tell you how she made the peaches but I can give you a recipe for a lovely fortifying soup I've been eating all day:


Ingredients: One package Italian Sausage tortellini, 2 boxes vegetable broth (I only had one and ended up adding 2 c water when I needed more liquid), 1 small bunch kale (I'm sick so I bought a packaged one, used about half of it in the soup), 3 medium onions, 3 gloves garlic


Smash the garlic and chop the onions into thin half circles, sautee in olive oil for a few minutes until fragrant and translucent.


Add the stock and on high heat bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium, add the tortellini, and cook for 3 minutes.


Now add the kale, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.


Eat several bowls over the course of the day spent watching documentaries and mysteries on Netflix from your bed. Feel better.

No comments: