Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pin It Down


In my favorite Tift Merritt song she says "when you try to pin it down, that moment slips away" which is pretty much how I feel about my time at the moment. I'm currently working 7 days a week, and usually when I get a moment where I'm not trying to feed myself, clean something, or dress myself I tend to stare off into space...or at the T.V.

Which is totally lame. So lame! I have like two blog posts up in my head and it's been weeks and I've not managed to freakin' get them written! Uber lame yo! So trust me, it's bothering me as much as it's bothering you. So here's a bone to help me sleep at night and to soothe the masses before they storm the gates:

Downton and What I Made for my Ladies
Episode One, So-Good-I-Can't-Believe-It's-Legal Brownies
Episode Two, Madeira Cake
Episode Five, Ginger Molasses Cookies
Episode Seven, Spinach and Artichoke Linguine
Finale, copped out and got appetizers from the Middle Eastern Bakery in Andersonville. Their hummus is so smooth it's almost fluffy and makes me want to cry.

And speaking of the Finale....seriously??!!
THAT is how you end Series III of Downton? Seriously??!?!

The love/hate relationship I have with Downton Abbey is ridiculous. But that ending crossed the line from "large group of people who are living through WWI/get-sick-you're-screwed so ratio wise this many people have to die, whatever." to "this family is cursed and you're all f*cked.".


Fortunately I have a year to forget my outrage and get sucked back into the emotional masochism that is this mini series. 

Curses.

3 comments:

Lyndsey K said...

*sigh* I think they went WAY too far with the last one. Way to piss everyone off -- I'm not even sad, just angry. SUCH a bad choice. On a side note, I miss you terribly, buddy! Just terribly! We should fix that some day soon.

caitlin said...

right? RIGHT? i heard that the actor had to leave the show, and that's why they killed him off and that made me feel a little better for some reason. but still.

and we watched it because i was mad at boardwalk empire for killing off my fave characters. sigh.

also, if you're working that much you don't have time to spend money. so, it is completely acceptable, probably encouraged, to buy prepared food. [strike]it's[/strike] you're worth it, trust me.

Anwen said...

UGH WHEN THEY KILLED MY FAVORITE *spoiler alert* I was done.

Also, the lack of anyone remotely aging in the fifteen years this show has spanned also irks me. (Now why that bothers me and Star Wars' wickedy wack aging sits fine is beyond me.)

AND you are working so much so you can party so hard our birthday week. Think about that epic blog post.