Sunday, April 14, 2013

Count Your Blessings


Well folks, I made it through the woods.

I'm still a little dazed, blinking bemusedly at my surroundings and wondering how the heck I did it, but it's done! I now officially have only two jobs and will be getting back that thing referred to as  "a weekend". I managed the situation gracefully up to mid March where it went to pieces and I arrived in April looking rather worse for wear. But it didn't kill me, just made me more resilient. Or something.

Anyways, I would like to share the only weekend I didn't work in March! Also known as 'Lizbeth and Jack Save My Sanity with Fun Adventures in Chicago'.


Because if good friends, baby coos, and jellyfish don't make you feel good you're a goner.


I hadn't been to the Shedd Aquarium since I was here on a family vacation before I went to college, Lizbeth and I figured it would be a good activity for everyone including the four month old who likes to stare at lights.



This was his face pretty much the whole time. Except when he was sleeping. Or the few times he needed to express his opinion about things.


*point*  Fiiiiiiishieeeeeees!!!


The 'Jellies' were everyone's favorite.


And I got be a good Fairy Godmother and spoil him with a toy for him to hold onto and drool on. (!!!!!!!)


The rest of the visit was quiet and comfortable. And we ate this dinner while watching this delightful film and later munching on florentine cookies my sweetie of a Mom sent in a care package. I miss her baking!! We kept saying "oh, just one more..." and ate half the tin. WHAT.


I was sad to see them drive off, but I was happier that they had been here! Definitely a blessing I've been counting.

Now I have to go do my taxes (aha.) and make these muffins. I'll tell you all about it next time!

No comments: