Sunday, January 29, 2012

...and guess who's back to being lazy.


Duh. Don't act like you didn't see that coming 'cause I sure did.

Accomplished nothing in the kitchen all week. If anyone comes over to watch Downton I'm going to feed them takeout from the Thai place on the corner. I may not even vacuum my floor.


I made madelines last Sunday but they were really sticky so weren't photo worthy as most of them got stuck to the fluted pan. Bastards. I think my recipe has too much sugar, which (tragically) in this case, is a bad thing. Taste good but don't look pretty. Anyone have recipe that doesn't stick???


And though I couldn't eat it, the only thing I've done in the kitchen this weekend is work on The Cabinet


The  Plan was to sand the chipping paint off the top and put a nice stain on it. Of course that was a crap plan as there are several layers of old paint on it so sanding (by hand) just made it smooth. Not un-painted. So now I'm either going to strip it with chemicals or just re-paint it. Woot.




I did put some stinkin' cute shelf paper in though! So cuuuuute!!!

Now excuse me, I have to go finish eating my pudding cup.

2 comments:

caitlin said...

cute shelf paper! where in the world did you find it? and i totally, totally recommend smart strip. it's what we used for the fireplace. it actually works, unlike most green products.

A.Sandin said...

After trying all my local hardware stores ( I tried!!) only Home Depot had a large selection, this was the cutest and as it's not the adhesive kind I stuck it on with folded painters tape. And I'll try out that Smart Strip, can you buy it in a small quantity? Do you think Thymbony in A-Ville would have it or should I go to Devon?