Monday, February 6, 2012

"Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash" When Harry Met Sally


Hello February! I started the month off right with a package from Canada of homemade beeswax candles from a childhood friend (want some?? I've got the hook up!). They're making my apartment smell like a monastery and I'm soooo okay with that. 


Miss Cait joined me for a lazy Friday evening with pjs, take out, tasty chocolate delicacies, and Parks and Recreation (Which is the cause of the posting delay. Can't stop watching. Blame her.).


I think I did an excellent job at quartering the rrrrrraton! I ran the knife under hot water to get a nice clean cut. Kept giggling the whole time I did it too.


The next day things got started early (The only bad thing about crock pots). It was chicken paprikash day. I keep saying it like Harry does when they're talking silly in the Met. Pap-reeee-Kash!
I needed a crock pot recipe since I had a massage in the afternoon and knew I would be limp as a noodle and starving when I got home. Which I was.


Instead of egg noodles I did my favorite strozzapreti. Though I may try spaetzel next time...


I reduced most of the liquid down to a spice filled sauce (I always end up with a shit ton of liquid, might omit the broth next time).


Chicken thigh!


Slow cooked onion and red peppers.


Nom-ed with white wine (and Parks and Recreation).


Followed up with a V-Day gift to myself.

Not a bad start to February if I do say so myself. Though I have a dance to attend, morbid cookies to make, Downton dinner, and side-lining as a florist's assistant this weekend, don't expect a post until after V-Day.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Am intrigued by the momentary mentions of a dance you are attending and a Downton dinner; would like to hear more.

A.Sandin said...

Oh, and my apologies on the dance. It was just plain old white people dancing, nothing like what you can do! But there will be more on the Downton dinner! Sometime this weekend!