Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chicken, Moosies, and Ducks.


Ummm so the hampster that runs my brain has been doing overtime lately and when I asked him if we could work on a blog post he shot me a reeeally dirty look. So I haven't got much in way of cohesive thought for this post and you're just going to have to deal with it. Take it up with the Hampster. 



I made some tasty chicken last week.


I really don't cook meat that often, and almost never on a weeknight, but this marinade is scrumptious and they cook fast enough I wasn't gnawing on my hand waiting for the chicken to cook through. Plus, who doesn't love getting back to their troglodyte roots by tearing flesh off bone. Drumsticks rule. Why don't I make them more often?? I don't know. 

Speaking of meat: moose face. No lie. MOOSE FACE (Cait for the love of god don't read about this you'll cry vegetarian tears.) Not one not two but three new blogs to read.  All relating to inedible food, either because it is in fact not edible being made of plastic, or so hardcore historical you just don't want to eat it. See: moose face.


Reading through this book at the moment, and accordingly did many domestic-y things this weekend.


Bathtub laundry (I dropped pasta on myself.) dried over radiators.


Clippings from the Jew since it's begun to wander too far from the pot and invade my icon corner.


It has such a gorgeous shimmery texture and those purple underbellies!


Thought about hemming a coat. Didn't. Thought about watching Amelie. Didn't.

Thought about a lot of things this weekend, some of them very big thoughts indeed which have left me a little whelmed and scattered. And with a lot of things to do! They're bunny thoughts which seem to spawn as soon as you turn your back and now I have a head bursting with bunnies. But bunnies are good things! I just need to sort them out before I get twitchy*. And maybe buy some carrots.




* Note: only solution found so far for Lexana Bear Twitch is rocking back and forth giggling at Martin Van Buren.

No comments: