Friday, April 20, 2012

Year 26, so far so good.


Birthdays are such funny things, I never feel any different. Do you?? I may be older but I still can't wash my dishes without getting wet and I still leave my clothes in a pile on the floor. Clearly not a grown up yet. Maybe next year?


I have done a fantastic job at celebrating my awesomeness though (because I am). I treated myself to more beeswax candles from Canada: 


Pillars for my Japanese bowl and votives for my jam jar and icon corner. And a few more beehives of course!


For my actual Birthday Dinner I had my favorite banh mi and shrimp rolls from Ba Le.


And I watched Amelie while nibbling on pistachio macaroons and sipping bubbly pear cider. 26 is awesome.


And I had a gift from my Aunties waiting for me when I went back to work on Monday! The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories is magical. I read it all that day! They also gave me a new paring knife. It's red. All the better to hide the blood.

Speaking of blood, my Birthday 'party' ended up being at Al Capone's favorite watering hole, The Green Mill. I was too busy talking to all my lovely friends to dance so I will just have to go back!

I also made lemon bars but ate them too fast to take a picture. Just make them yourself.

Other than that it's business as usual. Reading and eating with a bit of yoga and fun times thrown in.


I made this very eastern european meal of bulgarian cheese on pumpernickel with pickled beets to eat while reading Looking Glass War. I'm on to Small Town in Germany now, only 17 more to go!



Pasta with this sauce. I might as well add that while I did want a nice tray, I really got this one from Ikea because it's from Carl Larsson's house. Yes, I'm just that obsessed that I recognized where their designer got the inspiration for a tray. I probably should be worried...but it's just so pretty!


And of course, lots of eggs. Soft boiled with spinach that time. And I just ate some poached over roast asparagus. Some things never change!


No comments: