Thursday, May 10, 2012

D+Me=Chi City Fun Times


It's 11pm and in twelve hours I'll be flying into the wild blue yonder-to New Jersey. As frightening as going back to my roots can be, it's also amazingly awesome because I'm going to be with my Aunties in their magical and wondrous house of curiosities.

But I have a whole post full of photos from my last weekend when my big-little brother came up for some windy city shenanigans! But I need to sleep. But I want to post these! Crap.

Compromising with posting photos with captions. (It's like what I normally do just shorter!)

D+Me=Chi-City Fun Times:


GPS? FTS.


Fog. There's a city in there...somewhere.


I think that statue is kind of creepy.


Legitimately creepy (and yet glee inducing-ly awesome).


D is creeped but nicely humors his little-big sister for a photo-op with creepy pharmacist man.


This is all true.



We prefer Pepsi. But as that's only the influence of environment and advertising not a major difference in chemical makeup as we learned at the Surgical Museum, so we'll drink Coke if we have to. 




Again, D humoring me wanting to document him in the awesome 60s cafe at the History Museum (which makes the best french fries I've ever had. Ever.). 


Youths on boards-our lunch time entertainment. Then we got bored and went to the Zoo.


I love this statue of General Grant as it features in my favorite Chicago poem, Bronzes, but WTF KIND OF A GOAT IS THAT! NO! Just...NO!!!


D came to the great metropolis of Chicago...to se a cow get milked. I thought that was funny. That little girl was not really sure how to feel about the cow situation.


Bag balm. Miss Linda had this in her sewing kit and here is proof of it's original use as a balm for things that are not hands.


If any of you have ever watched Wonderfalls, you'd freak out when you saw a Mold-A-Rama too!


I had to have it.


I named him Philip (pronounced in the Rugrats fashion.)


Sad monkey.


D has hands the size of a chimpanzee. My hands are the size of a normal human.


I want one. I could name him Pete. Or Pecos Bill!


Bird.


Fishies!


Oh shit!


Oh shiiiiittt!!!!


OMG I love romaine too!!


The only bears we saw were these bronze ones, D is scowling.


Still filled with joy over new friend Philip. So much so I had to close my eyes.

We had a great visit and I was sad to see the youth drive off! But my weekend wasn't done yet! Ahh!


Posting this photo of me with (a really terrible impostor) Dr. Watson at 221 B to celebrate the start of Season II of Sherlock! Did you watch it??!


Made curried chicken pot pie from this fantastically simple recipe, perfect for days when your brother just dove off and you have two hours until company comes to watch with you!! I didn't get to Trader Joes so I used a rotisserie chicken, pre-made korma curry sauce, sauteed half a red onion, and used that normal frozen vegetable mix (corn, carrots, peas, green beans).


And may have went over the line when I used some excess dough to make an 'S' for Sherlock. I'm sorry. Few things make me dork out like the world's first consulting detective. And I'm definitely adding this recipe to my routine, we all ate two helpings, it's basically a big samosa.  

Now it's midnight. Lord knows what's going to happen to me in the next week, but you can bet yer ass it's gonna be ridiculous! Stay tuned folks.

No comments: