Saturday, July 14, 2012

Song to Woody


In case it wasn't on your calendar as it was mine, today is Woody Guthrie's 100th Birthday! This year has already been christened the 'Year of Woody' by Dr Karl and myself who are living life in accordance to his New Years Rulin's. 

Source-Woody Guthrie Foundation
So many good plans! Just did #5 and I'm going to do #3 and #20 in a few moments. Wohoo!

Tragically I don't have the time/mental capacity at the moment to wax poetic on my love for Woody Guthrie (just know is ridiculous) as I worked Pitchfork music festival the past two days with the delightful Miss Natalie of Ornamental Things and need to lie on the floor for a while.  

I did manage to make the perfect festival food today though: Israeli couscous with slivered almonds, dried cranberries, and mint.



Makes several servings, doesn't need to be refrigerated, is nutritious, and won't get stuck in your teeth and frighten off customers.


Yeeeerm.

Also vital: iced tea, mega juice, bug spray, sun block, spritzer with water and peppermint oil,  crappy but comfortable shoes, hand sanitizer, granola bars, ibuprofen, a brain, and a smile. Despite the heat, rain, and general chaos I have been having a great time working with Miss Natalie. We run a tight ship, have far too much fun for 'working',  and I could even hear The Cults from our booth today! And the little girl at the next booth thinks we're "sisters" too cute! I intend to make off with crazy amounts of jewelry tomorrow. I've pretty much been holding off buying any until she came back!


I also ate a lovely breakfast to start off the day, nectarines with Greek yogurt and tea. Also, if you work festivals or anything else where you have to stand for hours I highly recommend these restorative yoga poses. I did legs up the wall and child's pose for a long while last night and the basic sun salutation a few times this morning and it really did help my legs and back.

Mind blowing, I know. Why am I posting these??? Uuugh brain whyyy.

Ok to close here are some of my favorite Woody songs for your listening pleasure! What's yours??

Chorine My Sheba Queen
Remember the Mountain Bed
Song to Woody (by Bob Dylan to Woody)


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Legs up the wall might be the best yoga pose ever. I do it laying backwards on my bed, bc I have too much junk in my trunk for it to be very comfortable on our wood floors. So good.