Sunday, January 19, 2014

Addict.


Hello.

My name is A. Sandin and I am a sushi addict.

It started innocently enough, my first California roll in college. Move on to sashimi. Then Chirashi. Friends looking to go out for dinner and I suggest sushi 97% of the time. I live in a city and I can get it on nearly every corner.

The problem is that it can add up...money wise...what was once a little occasional treat somehow turns into the dudes at the Japanese restaurant down the street recognize you.

A problem.

Enter the solution:



Sushi Bowl


Alton Brown's sushi rice, crumpled up nori, chopped avocado, strips of smoked lox, and a sprinkling of sesame seeds to finish it.


Cooking the rice takes the longest time and the smoked salmon is the most expensive part (mine was just under $7 and I get 2.5 servings out of it). There are lots of variations if you look around online, it really just depends on what you can find in your grocery store and how nervous you are about eating things when you don't actually know what they are.

I might get bored and need to go searching for the better stuff eventually, but for now this definitely takes the edge off.

No comments: