Sunday, June 1, 2014

It is delicious


To be awoken from a post breakfast nap by the gentle ringing of the bells on the paletta man's cart.

I'm on a vacation...of sorts. I'm crashing (with all of my belongings) with my darling friends Cait and Lisa before moving into a new apartment in two weeks...and I'm calling it a vacation. And for the fist time on months I felt like coming here and dropping you all a line.

And for the first time in weeks I feel like cooking. I want to stuff my face with a carrot and parsley salad that drips lemony oily dressing off my chin. I want to curl slivers of pecorino on a bed of arugula and drop a silky sheet of prosciutto on top. I wan to lie on a hammock and drink something sparkling and clear.

Yes.

Oh yes.

I'm on vacation. And it feels soooo delicious.


No comments: